- What mass of material is there in each of the following?
(a) 2.00 mol of SO3 molecules
(b) 0.0300 mol of Cl atoms
(c) 9.00 mo1 of SO42- ions
(d) 0.150 mol of MgSO4.7H2O molecules 
- What amount of each substance is contained in the following?
(a) 31.0 g of P4 molecules
(b) 1.00 x 1022 atoms of Cu
(c) 70.0 g of Fe2+ ions
(d) 9.00 x 1024 molecules of C2H5OH 
- The mass of one molecule of a compound is 2.19 x 10-22 g.
What is the molar mass of the compound? 
- What mass of aluminium, Al, is required to produce 1000 g of iron, Fe, according to the equation:
3Fe3O4(s) + 8Al(s) 4A12O3(s) + 9Fe(s) 
- A solution is made containing 2.38 g of magnesium chloride, MgC12, in 500 cm3 of solution.
(a) What is the concentration of magnesium chloride, MgC12, in this solution?
(b) What is the concentration of chloride ions in this solution? 
- A solution is made by dissolving 8.50 g of sodium nitrate, NaNO3, and
16.40 g of calcium nitrate, Ca(NO3)2, in enough water to give 2000 cm3 of solution.
(a) What is the concentration of sodium ions in the solution?
(b) What is the concentration of nitrate ions in the solution? 
- A hydrated aluminium sulphate A12(SO4)3.xH2O, contains 8.10% of
aluminium by mass.
Find the value of x 
[TOTAL: 25 marks]
Not a premium member yet? Sign up today to get comprehensive revision guides, exam question booklets and markschemes for AQA, OCR and Edexcel A-Level Chemistry specifications. Click here to get started »